SINUS PERFORATION POST OPERATIVE PRECAUTIONS
The proper care following oral surgical procedures will expedite your recovery and prevent complications. If your surgeon advises special sinus precautions after your procedure, please follow these instructions.
- No nose blowing for approximately 2-3 weeks after surgery
- Refrain from drinking through a straw for 2-3 weeks after surgery
- Sneeze with your mouth open to prevent added pressure to your sinuses.
- Antibiotics and decongestants may be given to help prevent sinus infections. Please take all medications as prescribed by your surgeon.
- Sleep with your head elevated with 2-3 pillows to prevent sinus congestion.
- You will need a post-operative appointment approximately one (1) week following surgery. Please call the office (699-5900) to set up this appointment, if it has not already been scheduled.
- If any unusual symptoms occur, please call the office.